Unveil a solid musical foundation through our in-depth music theory course. Say goodbye to those “swiss cheese” knowledge gaps as we guide you through a comprehensive journey. Whether you’re a pianist, guitarist, or vocalist, our engaging classes ensure a seamless learning experience. Connect with fellow musicians, have fun, and master the essentials. Join us to transform your musical understanding and bridge those gaps with confidence.
- Learn to count and clap rhythms including eighth notes, 16th notes, triplets, and more.
- Understand the concept of keys while reading the circle of fifths, so you can easily transpose popular songs.
- Learn to read music fluently, while developing the ability to sight-sing.
- Understand and identify harmonies and chords in order to analyze and create melodic accompaniments.
- Music Staff notes
- Pens and pencils
* iPad works if personally preferred. Although it would be much appreciated if you have an extra page of staff lines in the iPad!
Jihyoung Lee (she/her)
Jihyoung Rhéa Lee (b. 1995, Seoul, South Korea) is a contemporary music composer with an eccentric outlook on the world. With over 8 years of experience in teaching music, she promotes critical thinking and creativity by imposing diverse teaching methodologies. Jihyoung received her Master’s degree from McGill University (Montreal, Canada) while studying with Philippe Leroux, and her Bachelor’s degree from Hanyang University (Seoul, South Korea) under the supervision of Jongwoo Yim.
Proposed class times:
Cost for the course: $390.00 (*non-refundable after the first class)
Class dates: First week of September – Mid-December (13 sessions/weekly)
Location: 123 Rue St-Pierre (Old Port), Montréal, QC. H2Y 3T5
Group size: 4-8 students