- Teaching: 11 yrs
- Studio: East Plateau
- Metro: Mont-Royal
- Languages: EN, FR, RU
- Lessons options: in-studio, online, at-home
Price per lesson
Level Taught: beginner, intermediate, advanced
- classical foundations with an openness to exploring styles outside the realm of classical music.
- basic music theory concepts
- musical style
- preparation for Royal Conservatory Exams
- emphasis on solid technical and theoretical foundations
I encourage students to find joy in making music, and my approach combines a classical foundation with an openness to exploring styles outside the realm of classical music. I believe in the importance of listening, playfulness in learning, and in developing solid technical and theoretical foundations, with the ultimate goal of helping students become more autonomous musicians. I love playing piano, and it is a great privilege to get to impart my experience onto my students. All ages and levels welcome!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Piano Performance from the University of Montreal (2013)
- Summer studies at the Orford Arts Centre, Opera Nuova, and the Lyric Opera Studio Weimar
- I teach at at the Conservatoire of Collège Stanislas and have been teaching privately for 11 years.
As a pianist, I have travelled to opera festivals throughout Canada and Europe to work as an accompanist for young singers and have been active as a solo and collaborative performer since my graduation in 2013. I released an album of works by Robert Schumann in 2018 (along with my duo partner, soprano Kimberley Lynch), and recently participated in a multi-disciplinary artistic residency at the Maison de la Culture Pointe-aux-Trembles.
Polina offers at-home lessons in the following locations:
Plateau, Rosemont, Mile-End
* an additional 10$/per lesson add-on is charged for transportation.
Online video lessons available through Zoom.