- Teaching: 10 yrs
- Languages: EN, German
- Lessons options: online, at-home
Price per lesson
Level Taught: beginner, intermediate, advanced, all ages
Styles: Classical, Pop, Jazz
- Physical set up and good technique to secure a great base.
- Learn to create a beautiful and strong sound on the violin
- Learn advanced techniques such as complicated rhythms, bowings, shifting, vibrato, and double stops!
- For beginners, repertoire is chosen from Suzuki books 1 and 2
- for intermediate to advanced students it is chosen based on individual skill and interest including pieces such as early Mozart concertos and the Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin.
- I have also had students learn traditional Indian songs, and pop songs which have been transcribed to suit the students skill level.
- How to practice most efficiently
- Musical meaning or significance of the pieces the student is learning!
- I am a current Master’s student in Violin Performance at McGill University, Schulich School of Music
- I have been studying and performing violin for 18 years, and teaching for 10 years.
- I have been teaching privately, and through institutions such as the West Island Music Academy, and Vivace Chamber Players.
- I have a lot of experience in coaching chamber groups, leading sections in orchestras, and general chamber playing!
- In my summers I have performed at musical institutions and studied with violin masters all over the world including the concert master of the Los-Angeles Philharmonic Martin Charlifour, world-renowned violinist Pierre Amoyale, and American soloist Rachel Barton Pine.
- I was born in Oxford, England to German parents, but grew up in Seattle, Washington speaking both German and English fluently. I completed my bachelors at McGill University in violin performance with a minor concentration in the German Language and have been a happy resident of Montreal for the past 5 years!
Jana offers at-home lessons in the following locations:
|Downtown, Plateau, Westmount, TMR, Outremont|
* an additional 10$/per lesson add-on is charged for transportation.
Online video lessons available