- Teaching: 5 yrs
- Studio: Downtown Toronto
- Subway: College and Sherbourne Stations
- Languages: EN, Russian
- Lessons options: in-studio, online, at-home
Price per lesson
Level Taught: beginner, intermediate, advanced
Ages: All – children, youths, adults, seniors.
Subjects: Classical, Popular
Teaching Approach and Lesson Topics:
Individual approach always (there is no other way to teach music). There is a huge variety of goals a student might have, so this is the first thing to find out.
For the piano:
- technique (scales, chords, etude);
- classical music (with gradual raising of difficulty level);
- approach to popular songs if it’s interesting to the student.
Theory and composition:
- classical aspects of theory – intervals, chords, keys, modes;
- practical usage of these elements;
- other music analysis (in terms of harmony, form, orchestration, so that the student could understand how it works and implement the techniques into their own material).
Central Music School at Moscow State Conservatory – 1999-2009 – piano, percussions
Since 2011 I work as a composer. Made music for several projects, including some major ones (a feature movie, a season of a TV-series).
Got some awards and nominations on different film festivals:
- Bucharest ShortCut Cinefest – Best Original Score (award)
- The Hag: Bloodline
- Independent Horror Movie Awards – Best Music (Original Score) (award) – The Hag: Bloodline
- 17 Moments – Best Music (award) – The Stars Will Guide Me
- Feel the Reel International Film Festival – Best Original Score (nomination) – The Hag: Bloodline
- Feel the Reel International Film Festival – Best Original Score (nomination) – Where Is Music
- Sanford International Film Festival – Best Music (nomination) – The Hag: Bloodline
- Top Indie Film Awards – Best Music (nomination) – The Hag: Bloodline
My IMDb page:
Roman offers at-home lessons in the following locations:
* an additional 10$/per lesson add-on is charged for transportation.
Online video lessons available