- Teaching: 25 yrs
- Studio: St-Leonard
- Intersection: Viau and Jean-Talon
- Metro: St-Michel
- Bus: 141, 188
- Languages: EN, FR, SP, IT, GER
- Lessons options: online only
Price per lesson
Level Taught: beginner, intermediate, advanced, all ages.
I believe each person is a potential musician, sometimes talent is just hidden in plain sight. Discover your inner musical voice and give shape to your talent, for your own pleasure and / or as a proactive musician on stage. I’ll guide you through that process by personalizing your experience at your own tempo.
Jaz will help you build solid study habits, one step at a time, making your learning and performing experience as energetic and joyful as possible. Jaz has experience teaching music to young children as young as 5 years old, helping them learning music notes with coloured xylophone and memorama games for easy understanding.
- Experience teaching ages : 6 – 76 y.o.
- Classical, Pop, Rock, Funk, Blues, Jazz, Latin
- Learn piano basics: Suzuki Method, Michael Aaron Adult Approach
- Aural Perspectives on Musical Learning and Practice
- Specialist in Latin, Salsa & Afro-Cuban Piano, Afro-Cuban Keyboard Grooves
- Piano and Keyboard Improvisation: Soloing Basics & Tips.
- Bachelor of Music | National Arts School. Havana, Cuba: 1987-1991
- Diploma of Music | Conservatory of Music A. G. Caturla. Havana, Cuba: 1980-1987
Jaz was born in Havana, Cuba. Educated under the rigor of The Russian School of Piano Playing since his early years, he obtained all the technical skills and the necessary theoretical tools that allowed him to practice his profession as a piano teacher at the Vocational School of Arts Raúl Sanchez, in Pinar del Río and the National Arts School of Havana (ENA), Cuba, after his residency and at the Modern Music School (MMS), Germany. Ten of his preludes for piano have been recognized as a pedagogical repertoire in various music schools and have been played by the virtuoso pianist “Jorge Luis Prats”. Jaz is currently writting a piano book.
As a pianist/keyboardist, Jaz has collaborated with a variety of renown artists and music projects such as Puerto Rican/American Salsa singers “Tony Vega”, “Ray Sepulveda”, “Maelo Ruiz”, “Yan Collazo”, Trombone player “Jimmy Bosch”, Venezuelan percussionists “Luisito Quintero” and “Neville Pichi Jr”, Puerto Rican Salsa singers “Héctor Tricoche”, “Luisito Carrión”, “Anthony Cruz” and “Orchestre Ritmo Caribeño”
Currently unavailable. Online lessons only.
Online video lessons available through Zoom.