Piano / Voice / flute instructor
- Teaching: 21 yrs
- Studio: Hochelaga
- Intersection: Pie IX and Ontario
- Metro: Joliette
- Bus: 125, 355
- Languages: EN, FR, Cantonese
- Lessons options: in-studio, online, at-home
Price per lesson
Level Taught: beginner, intermediate, advanced
- Music Theatre
- Student centred approach
- Use activities and games from all sorts of pedagogies (Dalcroze, Suzuki, Orff, Kodaly)
- Music theory and history along with your instrument using a hands on method.
- Enjoy practicing and succeeding from week to week.
- The best way to learn music is to experience it and have fun!
- Bachelor of Music (with Distinction), Vocal Performance and Music Theory, Queen’s University (Kingston, ON)
- Royal Conservatory of Music – graduated from the highest levels of all subjects: Piano Performance, History, Theory (Toronto, ON)
- Graduate studies in Dalcroze Eurhythmics, Longy School of Music (Cambridge, MA)
I have always been a musician. From singing in school and community choirs and taking piano lessons as a young child, to directing musicals and teaching lessons as an adult, music has been a huge part of my life. In 2008, after having taught part-time for almost a decade, I took the plunge and went full-time, founding my own music and movement school, Scherzo. I love seeing the success and accomplishments of my students. I can be regularly seen doing performances, mostly in dance nowadays, and singing while walking down the street. I offer in-studio, in-house, and online classes to individuals of all ages, as well as group classes.
Alcina offers At-Home lessons in the Montreal areas accessible by the Metro system including Longueuil and Laval.
$8 at-home surcharge.
Online video lessons available through Zoom.