Guitar Instructor / ukulele
- Teaching: 13 yrs
- Studio: Kensington
- Intersection: East 33rd Ave and Argyle St.
- Train: Commercial / Broadway
- Languages: EN
- Lessons options: in-studio, online
Price per lesson
Level Taught: beginner, intermediate, advanced, All ages.
- Classical Guitar, Acoustic styles and Electric Guitar
- Jazz, Folk, Country, Metal, Progressive Music, Classical, Soul/Funk, Rock, Blues, Reggae/Ska, Punk, Math-Rock, Post-Rock and Pop.
- Lessons are centered around building technique, creativity, and showing where the two intersect.
- Learn music theory, which can transform any player, and facilitate better understanding of the instrument and inspire more creativity.
- Learning interesting songs that a student is engaged with is a great way to apply technique
- Focus on improvisation
- Learn composition
Elliott’s goal is to spark creative expression in his client’s lives, and to arm them with the necessary tools and techniques to do so. We operate under the premise that all people are inherently creative, and that it is a matter of coming back to our roots as innate Artists. Be it Writing, Music, Visual Art, or Architecture, Humankind just cant get enough of creating. It is the philosophy of Elliott that we all have the potential to be Musicians, but it takes guided hard work, and the desire to learn. Elliott offers tailor made lesson plans to help you meet your creative and technical goals. Every person is unique, and therefore has unique, and specific needs, and goals, when it comes to learning music.
Once students begin to grasp the basics of the guitar, or any other instrument, it is a true joy to create original music, but it can be challenging to know where to begin. Having a coach to help with composing can help students break through the barriers to free creative expression.
- Bachelors in Music and musical arts from Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
With 13 years of teaching experience, Elliott is constantly learning and striving to improve as a teacher in order to provide his students with the highest quality musical education possible. He believes that we are all lifelong learners in art, and music, and so he is dedicated to keep things fresh and to innovate in his lessons. He places a lot of value in learning the specific learning styles of his students as well, so that they can optimize learning together.
Elliott has 15 years of performing experience as both a solo artist, as well as in various groups. He has played on many albums as a session guitarist, and has played at BC festivals such as element festival with the soul group “the Food”. He has been performing in his experimental rock duo “Parrenthesses” for 9 years, and they have performed extensively in Vancouver and the Fraser valley, with a new album coming out later this year. As a solo guitarist, Elliott plays classical and Latin guitar, and mainly performs at local restaurants and and events.
East 33rd Ave and Argyle St.
Online video lessons available