- Teaching: 5 yrs
- Studio: Laval, Downtown
- Intersection: Saillant & Boul. Sainte-Rose E.
- Metro: Gare Sainte-Rose, Cartier Metro
- Languages: EN, FR
- Lessons options: in-studio, online, at-home
Price per lesson
Level Taught: beginner, intermediate, advanced
Every instrument has a voice within itself, and I believe that nurturing that voice musically is the best gift you can give yourself. I focus on internalization as an approach to learning music so it becomes a more natural process to work the creative muscles.
- Learn your favourite songs (Jazz, Blues, Rock, Classical, Folk, Pop, Flamenco)
- Learn basic guitar techniques & positioning to play more efficiently
- Learn to read music
- Ear Training
- Harmony (understanding chords)
- Composition (write your own songs)
- Flamenco Techniques
- Jazz Guitar Performance – Concordia University (presently)
I started playing drums at the age of four, eventually finding my way to the guitar at the age of 10. Drums gave me a strong rhythmic foundation to music. Ever since then music has been my main study and pursuit in life. I have been teaching privately for five years now and I am currently studying jazz guitar performance at Concordia University. I have performed with various bands around montreal in the last 3 years greatly focusing on live improvisation. My background consists of gypsy jazz, flamenco and prog rock. In the last 3 years I have greatly focused on Jazz and Neo-Soul.
Omar offers at-home lessons in the following locations:
Laval, Downtown, NDG, Saint Henri, and Plateau. Or anywhere close to a metro station
* an additional 5$/per lesson add-on is charged for transportation.
Online video lessons available
- Face Time