- Teaching: 10 yrs
- Studio: Côte-St–Luc
- Intersection: Kingsley & Sunnybrooke
- Metro: Villa-Maria
- Bus: 103, 162
- Languages: EN, Armenian, Farsistudio,
- Lesson Options: in-studio, online
Price per lesson
Level Taught: beginner, intermediate, advanced
Ages: All – children, youths, adults, seniors.
I teach notes as well as different rhythms on the guitar. I try to offer my students various styles of music in order to peak their interest in playing. My Favourite music methods are Sor Carcassi Giuliani and Fridolin and Enjoy Playing Guitar.
- Music arrangement
- Music Theory
- Master’s degree in Instrumental Performance (Classical Guitar) – Komitas Conservatory of Armenia 2011
- Bachelor’s degree of Instrumental Performance (Classical Guitar) – Komitas Conservatory of Armenia 2010.
- Instrumental Performance in Classical Guitar – Conservatory of Iran 2003-2005
- Certificate course in Music Therapy – Shahid Beheshti University of Iran in 2003-2004.
Jean Adel is a renowned and experienced guitarist and teacher living in Montreal, QC. His teaching is geared towards students of all ages. On top of having seven years of experience in teaching Classical Guitar, he also skilfully teaches Solfeggio, Music arrangement, and Music Theory. He is also a polyglot fluent in English, Armenian, Persian, and knows basic French and Russian. His passion for the guitar, his natural way of communicating complex subject matter, as well as his passion for teaching have made him a popular guitar instructor in Montreal.
Jean has served many schools. He began his teaching life in 11/2010 with Music School R. Andreasyan, Armenia and taught there till 12/2011. Next, he taught from 09/2011 to 03/2016 in Music School Al. Hekimiyan in Armenia. He also taught in another school in Armenia from 09/2014 till 03/2016, the Music School Gh. Saryan Yerevan. He now offers private classes in Montreal, QC.
He has organized many contests and concerts for his students in solfeggio, classical guitars. He has also prepared outlines, teaching materials for the students and has taught them with utmost care while tracing their progress.
Musical Performances and Awards
- In 2006, he participated in National Song Competition in Intercultural Festival in Armenia and came second.
- In 2008, he gave a solo guitar performance in the Armenian Concert in Naregaci Music Hall.
- In Armenia’s Komitas Conservatory he gave numerous solo and duet performances in different concerts.
Online video lessons available