- Teaching: 2 yrs
- Studio: Plateau, Mont-Royal
- Intersection: St-Laurent/Villeneuve
- Metro: Mont-Royal
- Bus: 29, 55, 80, 129, 363, 480
- Languages: EN, FR
Price per lesson
Level Taught: beginner, intermediate, advanced
Level: beginner, intermediate, advanced
I am a big believer in musical identity and that is what I wish to help my students develop by guiding them through their musical exploration. I am a versatile guitarist and that allows me to play and break-down a large number of musical genres therefore I am able to learn quickly something that the student would want to play. The central pillar of my music, and what I think is fundamental, is improvisation because I think it is the greatest freedom that anyone can have on any instrument.
- Wide variety of styles from metal to jazz passing by rock, blues, funk, pop – Teaching of the typical riffs and progression of each genres.
- Rhythm techniques typical of each style.
- Solo guitar techniques (picking, legato, string-skipping, etc …).
- Mastery of the neck through learning of the scales.
- Musical theory behind the guitar.
- Drop tuning.
- Teaching of tracks.
- Possibility to work with a method.
- Learn songs and how to accompany yourself.
- Learning of the neck.
- Basis of musical theory to navigate the instrument better.
Bass lessons (Beginner)
- Basic techniques and styles.
- Learn to become comfortable with the instrument.
- Teaching of tracks.
- Find your way around the neck.
CAM (Computer Assisted Music) :
- Logic Pro X and Reaper.
- All styles.
- Musical exploration and how not to let the computer dictate your creativity.
Music has been a part of my life since I was a child and over the years turned into a passion to which I chose to give my life. I started playing the guitar at the age of six when I received a classical guitar for Christmas. At this age I gained curiosity for the instrument and explored it alone as my family situation didn’t allow me to take lessons. At the age of 10 I entered in the conservatory of Boulogne-Billancourt in classical guitar but my attention was quickly redirected to the electric guitar. To this day it is my main instrument and I studied it with names like Pierre Danel of the group Kadinja and Tom Hess as well as following many courses with different schools passing by the prestigious Berklee College of Music during one of their summer sessions. Over the years I have performed in concerts and festivals in Thailand, France and Europe and then here in Quebec where I play frequently on stage with different local projects.
My passion for music coupled with my natural curiosity pushed me to be interested in the study of sound and especially in a musical setting. This resulted in a bachelor’s degree in digital music and music, history and society from UdeM that I completed last May. Since then I am dedicated to the development of my personal projects that I lead from my personal studio at St-Dom Jamhouse as well as music education for all ages which fills me with joy through the sharing of my passion and the flourishing of my students.
Charles offers at-home lessons in the following locations:
Plateau Mont-Royal, Downtown, the Village, De Lorimier, Mile-End, Rosemont, Outremont.
* an additional 8$/per lesson add-on is charged for transportation.
Online video lessons available
- Face Time