guitar, music production, songwriting
- Teaching: 25 yrs
- Studio: N.D.G.
- Metro: Vendome
- Languages: EN
- Lessons options: in-studio, online, at-home
Price per lesson
Level Taught: beginner, intermediate, advanced
Ages: All – children, youths, adults, seniors.
Subjects: Jazz, Popular
Teaching Approach and Lesson Topics:
- repertoire (rock, folk, acoustic, hard rock, r&b, hip hop, regional/specialty, jazz, as per student interests)
- theory (shillinger/Berklee method)
- ear training
- songwriting/composition (if student expresses interest)
- instrument in context (recording, playing with others, arranging, etc)
- B. Mus (Summa Cum Laude), Berklee College of Music, Boston, MA, USA
Principal Instrument: Guitar
Major: Music Production & Engineering
Guitar: Lauren Passarelli (Boston, MA), Mike Williams (Boston, MA), Neil Bateman (Ottawa, ON)
Voice: Joyce Lucia (Boston, MA), Sandra Nason (Ottawa, ON)
Special Skills and Training:
As a full-time musician, I’ve worn several professional hats. I’ve worked in live sound, composed for video games, placed music in hundreds of television shows, mixed and mastered albums, and produced recordings for other artists, in addition to my own performing career. This varied experience allows me to communicate to students how guitar fits into the bigger musical picture. I teach students how to work with other musicians, play to serve the song, and develop excellent listening skills. Students benefit from this multifaceted approach whether their goal is to be a musical hobbyist, academic, or professional.
Awards and distinctions
- Summa Cum Laude (highest academic honours), GPA 3.8
- 2019 grant recipient, Québec English Language Arts Network (ELAN) State of the Arts: Public Experts Project
Aaron offers at-home lessons in the following locations:
NDG, Westmount, CSL, Hampstead, Montreal West
* an additional 10$/per lesson add-on is charged for transportation.
Online video lessons available
- Face Time