drums / percussion / marimba
- Teaching: 5 yrs
- Studio: Plateau
- Metro: Parc
- Languages: EN
- Lessons options: in-studio, online, at-home
Price per lesson
Level Taught: beginner, intermediate, advanced
Ages: All – children, youths, adults, elders.
Subjects: Classical, Jazz, Popular
Teaching Approach and Lesson Topics:
Each individual student comes in for a different reason, so I try and work with what they want to get out of the lessons. We set goals together that they want to achieve. Below are a few topics that I have taught previous students.
– Learning how to play your favorite songs is one thing, but being able to play them in time with the right groove, is what puts you above the rest.
– Knowing the right way to hold a stick, the right way to hit a cymbal as well as the how to sit properly at the drum kit.
– Whether it’s Rock, Jazz, Latin, Classical, Contemporary, Funk, R&B or Country, being able to play any style with your favorite song or other musicians.
Reading Sheet Music
– So a student can have all of the tools they need to learn songs. Students will be able to read written out drum beats by the first lesson, I guarantee it.
Drum Gear Maintenance
– Being able to set up your kit properly as well as change heads and adjust cymbal stands. Anything you need to know about your drums hardware and cymbals.
Nicholas Baddeley is a drummer, arranger, band leader, and music educator originally from Windsor Ontario, who specializes in the style of jazz drums and holds a Bachelor of Music degree.
He has not only been a part of various ensembles in his home town but has been the founding member of well known groups in the Windsor area. Nick has also been in the pit for many local musicals including Stephen Sondheim’s Company presented by Kordazone theatre as well as Tom Eyen’s Dreamgirls presented by Arts Collective Theatre.
Nick has been teaching for over five years privately in his own studio as well as Long & McQuade (Windsor) and is a part of both the “Sabian Education Network” and the “D’Addario Education Collective”.
In the fall of 2021, he moved to the city of Montreal to further his musical career by continuing to teach private lessons as well as perform in the local scene.
Nick offers at-home lessons in the following locations:
* an additional 10$/per lesson add-on is charged for transportation.
Online video lessons available