- Teaching: 5 yrs
- Studio: Westmount
- Intersection: Avenue Brooke & St-Antoine O.
- Metro: Lionel-Groulx
- Languages: EN
- Lessons options: in-studio, online, at-home
Price per lesson
Level Taught: beginner, intermediate, advanced
- Fun and supportive learning environment
- Fundamentals of technique required to avoid injury on the instrument
- Lessons dictated by the musical interests of each individual student
- Basic drum set technique
- Hand and foot speed
- Grooves and fills
- Four limb co-ordination
- Melodic orchestration and phrasing, and more
- Music theory and notation
My role as a teacher is to be a resource for any student of music, to assist them in pursuing their individual goals, and inspire them to explore the drum set as a vehicle for self expression. There is truly no wrong way to play and enjoy the drums,
- Bachelor’s of Music in Jazz Performance from McGill University, with a Minor in Composition. Graduated with Outstanding Achievement in Jazz Drums.
- Attended the Humber Community Music Program.
Gregory is a drummer and composer hailing from Toronto, Ontario. He began his musical journey at a young age, studying piano and cello throughout his childhood. Greg was first exposed to the drum set in high school; a discovery that propelled music from a hobby into a vocation. Throughout high school Greg performed in various jazz and concert bands, small ensembles at the Humber Community Music Program, and at Roy Thomson Hall with the CISMF Ontario jazz band. Greg was first exposed to teaching music through volunteer work with the We Are One Jazz Project, a music education initiative founded by pianist Barry Harris. After high school Greg was accepted into the Bachelor of Music program for Jazz Drum Performance at the Schulich School of Music, where he graduated in the Spring of 2019. While living in Montreal Greg has performed with various McGill ensembles, such as Big Band II, in addition to recording and performing with various local artists such as Sarah Rossy, James Parm, and Algorhythm. Greg began teaching drum set privately in 2016, and has had multiple students since, from complete beginners to students that he has helped prepare for succesful auditions at a university level. Greg currently resides in Montreal, where he is involved in various projects, as well as working freelance as a drummer, composer, and educator.
Greg offers at-home lessons in the following locations:
Plateau/Mont-Royal, Mile End, Parc X, Outremont, Villeray, Gay Village, St. Henri, NDG, Westmount, Griffintown
* an additional 8$/per lesson add-on is charged for transportation.
Online video lessons available
- Face Time